Co-creating the Why before the What and the How. Uncovering perspectives of truth.
Decks & reports
Simon Sinek said you should “Start with Why” because this ensures your endeavours have purpose. Purpose drives everything whether it’s your brand (think Apple), a group of people (your change agent community), or individuals (meaningful roles and responsibilities).
I can help you gain more strategic clarity for business and organisation development projects. Take performance management for example: if the purpose of this undertaking is to collect solid data on your employees performance, then the traditional (bi-) annual performance reviews will deliver. If the purpose is however to also inspire your employees to be their best then I recommend you nurture a feedback culture with informal and frequent check-ins with peers and stakeholders. This provides leading indicators and encourages people to get better and better.
For some briefs I would also be your implementation lead. I have a long-standing track record to bring innovation to people-related projects and events. I can turn your management conferences into mass learning experiences and problem solving sessions as I have done with Sanofi, Microsoft, Telefonica and Balfour Beatty. The challenges we tackled included creating customer insights, collaboration between countries and functions and organisational change.
Services I offer:
- systemic change consulting
- organisation development and innovation projects
- event design, moderation and delivery (up to 1500 people)
- board advisory for strategic people topics.
Inspiring bold moves and personal growth. Strengthening the power of leadership.
Most managers stay within budgets, are on top of market trends and hit KPIs. Does that make them great leaders?
What are the critical success factors for leadership today? In addition to the typical answers, I focus on three aspects:
- Servant leadership: easy to understand and hard to practice; it takes humility and vulnerability to just be there for your people, answer their questions with patience, listen deeply and compassionately and help them to be their best
- Leadership shadow: you are still present when you are not in the room; people will talk about you and interpret everything you do, especially how you react to critical incidents and how you reward and punish behaviours
- Collective leadership: your most complex problems require high-performing teams and groups, not individual heroes; moreover, you are host to thousands or millions of bi-lateral relationships of which many are mission critical to business success
Services I offer:
- work-based leadership interventions
- team coaching (off-site)
- team observation (on-site)
- relationship coaching
- executive coaching
- bespoke leadership development programmes.
Deploying better ways of working. Changing the organisational operating system.
For people to perform at their peak – and to be better than the people at your competitors – you need to develop your talent’s 3Cs, according to Prof. Hawkins of Henley Business School:
- Competencies (like learning forehand and backhand in tennis)
- Capabilities (like learning when and how to play which stroke in the game)
- Capacity (like learning to read your opponent, thinking through the match and building mental toughness)
In my practice, I mainly focus on creating leadership capacity at all levels. This is an infinite source for performance, it can grow and shrink and it’s all about life-long learning and practice. All my seminars, workshops and structured learning journeys are truly experiential.
I am a growth and learning catalyst for:
- Presence and Influence – how to get results with anyone (Based Prof. Hawkins & Rob Goffee research)
- Transformation and flux – how to adapt to and lead in a volatile, chaotic and ambiguous world
- Grassroots innovation – how to nurture “Yes, and…” cultures and growth mindsets
- Mindfulness – how to build the practice of operating in the here-and-now
- Digital leadership – how to act like a digital start-up and lead your own ecosystem